Wednesday 22 June 2022

Sadio Mane joins Bayern Munich from Liverpool

 Big Move!!! After 6 years with Liverpool, Sadio Mane signs for Bayern Munich until 2025.

 Sadio Mane joins Bayern Munich from Liverpool  

Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich have announced the signing of Senegalese forward Sadio Mane. The 30-year-old Mane joins Bayern Munich from Premier League giants Liverpool Football Club.

The move was confirmed by Bayern Munich on Wednesday, June 22, 2022. Mane joins Bayern Munich on a three-year contract until June 30, 2025. Mane departs Liverpool after six years at Anfield where he won the Champions League, FA Cup, EFL Cup and Premier League titles. 

Mane was all smiles as he was unveiled in the new Bayern Munich jersey with President Herbert Hainer, CEO Oliver Kahn and Sport Director Hasan Salihamidžić at the Allianz Arena.

In an interview with the official Bayern Munich website Mane explained the reason he chose to make the switch. 

He said, "I'm very happy to finally be with FC Bayern in Munich. We had a lot of talks and I felt the great interest of this big club from the start.

"So there was no doubt in my mind right from the start: This is the right time for this challenge. I want to achieve a lot with this club, also internationally. 

"During my time in Salzburg I followed many FC Bayern games - I like this club very much!"

In a message on his official Instagram account, Mane thanked Liverpool fans for his six years at the club.

He said, "Difficult to find the right words for this. I just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart, I am so pleased to be a very small part of this incredible success we had together during the last 6 years.

"You were always there. In good and in bad times. I never will forget this. Thank you again. You never walk alone. Sadio Mané."

Mane is expected to form a lethal partnership by Polish striker Robert Lewandowski as Bayern Munich aim to reclaim the Champions League title.

No comments:

Post a Comment